How To Eliminate Candida Naturally
An imbalance in gut flora can allow specific bacteria and fungi to invade our bodies. Candida is a fungus, which is a form of yeast, and a very small amount of it lives in your mouth and intestines. When overgrowth overgrowth occurs, candida breaks down the wall of the intestine and penetrates the bloodstream, releasing toxic byproducts into your body. This can lead to many different health problems, ranging from digestive issues to depression and even cancer.
How do you get candida overgrowth?
The healthy bacteria in your gut typically keep your candida levels in check. However, several factors can cause the candida population to get out of hand:
* Eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar (which feed the yeast)
* Consuming a lot of alcohol
* Taking oral contraceptives
* Living a high-stress lifestyle
* Taking a round of antibiotics that killed too many of those friendly bacteria
Symptoms Caused by Candida Overgrowth
When Candida Albicans is under control it poses no problem, but when it gets out of control it begins to overgrow causing numerous symptoms and health problems from the top of the head to the tips of the toes, from migraines to nail fungus. It can result in symptoms inside (pain and malfunction of organs, even brain lesions) and outside (eczema and hives). It can also cause problems with the mind and emotions.
Here are many of the symptoms caused by an overproduction of candida.
* Allergies, sensitivities and intolerances that worsen in damp, muggy or moldy places or weather that is damp, muggy, humid or rainy.
* Hay fever and asthma.
* Intolerances or allergies to perfumes, odors, fumes, fabric shop odors, grass, cats, dogs or other animals, tobacco smoke, chemicals, smog, molds, dust mites, dust, pollen, and other airborne substances.
* Athletes’ foot.
* Babies - colic, diaper rash, thrush (coated white tongue), and cradle cap.
* Bruising easily.
* Cheekbone or forehead tenderness, pain.
* Cold hands or feet, low body temperature.
* Cold-like symptoms - excessive mucus in the sinuses, nose, throat, bronchial tubes and lungs.
* Cravings or addictions for sugar, bread, pasta and other high carb foods, and also alcohol.
* Cysts, abnormal formation of, in different parts of the body, especially around the neck, throat, and ovaries, and in the bladder or scrotum.
* Digestive problems - diarrhea, constipation, abdominal distention, bloating or pain, gas, mucus in the stools, hiatal hernia, ulcers, suffering from bacteria, i.e. salmonella, E. coli, h. pylori, etc.
* Ears - ringing in the ears (tinnitus), sounds in the ears, ear infections, dryness, itchiness, ear pain, ear aches, ear discharges, fluid in ears, deafness, abnormal wax build-up.
* Eyes - erratic vision, spots in front of eyes (eye floaters) and flashing lights; redness, dryness, itching, excessive tearing, inability to tear, etc.
* Fatigue, chronic fatigue syndrome or Epstein Barr or a feeling of being drained of energy, lethargy, drowsiness.
* Flu-like symptoms.
* Glands swollen, too little saliva (dryness in the mouth), blocked salivary glands, swollen lymph nodes.
* Hair loss, scum on the scalp, dandruff, itchy scalp, scalp sores and dryness.
* Heart palpitations and irregular heart beat.
* Headaches, migraines, brain fog, dizziness, etc.
* Hemorrhoids, and rectal itching, rash, irritation and redness.
* Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), and diabetes.
* Hypothyroidism, Wilson’s Thyroid Syndrome, Hashimoto’s disease, hyperthyroidism, erratic thyroid function, etc.
* Irritability, nervousness, jitteriness and panic attacks.
* Lesions on the skin, and inside the body, i.e. the brain.
* Male associated problems - jock itch, loss of sex drive, impotence, prostitis, penis infections, difficulty urinating, urinary frequency or urgency, painful intercourse, swollen scrotum, etc.
* Female health problems - infertility, vaginitis, unusual odors, endometriosis (irregular or painful menstruation), cramps, menstrual irregularities, pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), discharge, painful intercourse, loss of sexual drive, redness or swelling of the vulva and surrounding area, vaginal itching or thrush, burning or redness, or persistent infections.
* Fungal infections of the skin or nails, i.e. ringworm, saborrheic dermatitis, dark and light patches on the skin (tinea versicolor), etc.
* Joint pain, stiffness or swelling (arthritis).
* Kidney and bladder - infections, cystitis (inflammation of the bladder with possible infection), urinary frequency or urgency, low urine output, smelly urine, difficulty urinating, burning pain when urinating.
* Lack of appetite.
* Mind and Mood - anxiety attacks, crying spells, memory loss, feeling spaced out, depression(including suicidal feelings), manic feelings, inability to concentrate, mood swings, irritability, etc.
* Mouth sores or blisters, canker sores, dryness, bad breath, a white coating on the tongue (thrush) and blocked salivary glands.
* Muscle aches and pain, numbness, burning or tingling, and lack of strength and coordination.
* Nasal congestion, postnasal drip, itching, dryness.
* Odor of the feet, hair or body not relieved by washing.
* Respiratory - cough, bronchitis or pneumonia, pain or tightness in the chest, wheezing, shortness of breath, asthma.
* Sick all over feeling.
* Sinus inflammation, swelling and infections.
* Skin - dryness, dry red patches, acne, pimples, hives, rashes, itching skin, eczema, psoriasis, seborrhoea, ringworm, contact dermatitis, rosacea, etc.
* Stomach - h.pylori bacteria (causes ulcers), heartburn, indigestion, hiatal hernia, acid reflux, belching, vomiting, burning, stomach pains, needle-like pains, food that seems to sit in the stomach like a lump, etc.
* Sleep - insomnia, waking up frequently, nightmares, restless sleep, etc.
* Sore throat, hoarse voice, constant tickle in the throat, laryngitis (loss of voice), etc.
What Causes Candida to Get Out of Control?
The causes of immune system dysfunction are varied and complex, but antibiotics are the biggest culprits because they wipe out friendly micro-organisms, in the digestive system. Because Candida is resistant to antibiotics the imbalance of micro-organisms allows it to take over. It begins to change its shape and starts to overgrow; raising large families called colonies.
Adding to the problem of malabsorption are nutritional deficiencies that also weaken the immune system. Today’s standard diet lacks the necessary nutrients to maintain a healthy immune system. It is loaded with sugar, carbohydrates, hydrogenated oils and fats (trans-fats), white flour products, processed foods, food additives, preservatives, pesticides, and heavy metals. This, in addition to foods being irradiated (exposed to high levels of radiation to extend shelf life), and being grown in nutrient depleted soil, long storage and transportation time, and improper handling, cooking and microwaving that goes on in most homes, further depletes nutrients available. All of these factors contribute to a weakened immune system.
Testing for Candida at Home
Your holistic practitioner will have conclusive means of testing for candida, however for a simple at home test try the following. First thing in the morning, before you put anything in your mouth, fill a clear glass with room temperature bottled water.
Work up a bit of saliva, and spit it into the glass of water. Check the water every 15 minutes or so for up to one hour.
If you see strings (fibers) traveling down into the water from the saliva floating on the top, cloudy specks (particles suspended in the water) or cloudy saliva that sinks to the bottom of the glass you have a candida problem.
The Candida Control Program
In order to get Candida overgrowth under control five things need to be done simultaneously:
1. Eliminate foods that feed Candida
Candida overgrowth is mainly fueled by sugar, refined carbohydrates and gluten. Let's look at each of these separately so you know what to avoid exactly.
Candida’s main food supply is sugar and all forms of it, such as lactose contained in dairy products, honey, glucose, fructose, and sugar substitutes, i.e. Nutrasweet, aspartame, saccharin. Eliminating sugar is the most important part of the Candida Program.
All fruit, except lemons, are also very high in sugar and should be extremely limited during the initial stages of the program, along with some vegetables that are very high in sugar, such as sweet potatoes, parsnips and beets. Sugar also contained is most processed foods such as smoked luncheon meats, ketchup, cereal, and yogurt making it important to read labels carefully.
Most Candida sufferers are gluten intolerant. Gluten is an elastic and gluey protein found in wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, kamut, triticale and it is hidden in an endless variety of processed foods. Triticale is a new hybrid grain with the properties of wheat and rye, while spelt and kamut are gluten-containing wheat variants and are likely to cause problems similar to other wheat varieties. Gluten-containing grains have come to be used extensively in breads and other baked goods because of their “glutinous,” sticky consistency.
Gluten grains feed Candida because they have a high glycemic index just like sugar, and like sugar, creates insulin resistance within the cells which leads to blood sugar problems like hypoglycemia and diabetes. The cells become resistant to insulin as they try to protect themselves from the toxic effective of high doses of insulin caused by high intake of sugar and simple carbohydrates. As the cells become insulin resistant, the pancreas produces more insulin which creates a vicious cycle. This exhausts the pancreas eventually leading to its breakdown resulting in diabetes.
Gluten grains contain a protein that is difficult to digest and interferes with mineral absorption and causes intestinal damage. This damage
|Date: Jun 7, 2014, 6:13 AM|
Number of Comments on Photo:0
Black Ginger: Aphrodisiac And Anti-Inflammatory Properties. Prevention Of Malaria And Fungal Infections http://b4in.org/i1IU
Black Ginger (Kaempferia parviflora) is an herbaceous plant belonging to the Zingiberaceae family. Since ancient time, it has traditionally been used as a health promoting, stimulating and vitalizing agent. It is also known as black galingale, Krachaidam, Krachaidum or Kra chai dam or even Krachai dam.
This plant is very popular for using stimulate sexual performance mostly in male, have various products form viable in the market. In Thai traditional medicine this plant is one of all popular plant have been use for a long time (avaplant para 1).
Black Ginger contains substantial amounts of PDE5 inhibitors, which act like Viagra, and it also enhances sex performance by increase blood-ﬂow to the testis and stimulates dopaminergic function in hypothalamus.
Black Ginger can help increasing sperm density and promotes health by its other effects such as adaptogenic activity, reducing triglycerides, preventing diabetes.
|Date: Mar 29, 2014, 7:21 AM|
Number of Comments on Photo:0
10 Strange Remedies - at least they're interesting...worth a try!
Vodka for Smelly Feet
Some people are just cursed with smelly feet. Generally speaking it’s men, but we aren’t going to unfairly profile here. Smelly feet are caused by bacteria growing on the feet during the day. It is not necessarily a sign of lack of hygiene, though that should certainly be your first line of defense in controlling foot odor. There are a number of products on the market that promise to get rid of that smelly foot smell for you. However, many people are sensitive to the ingredients in these sprays. A better alternative is Vodka! Apparently Vodka is good for more than just toasting. The extremely high alcohol content in vodka can kill odor causing bacteria on contact. Vodka also has a drying effect which helps eliminate the moisture on the feet. Simply wipe down your tootsies with a vodka soaked cloth.
Dryer Sheet Magic Eraser
Many people are simply amazed at the magic eraser products that came out a few years ago. Did you know that your common dryer sheet contains many of the same ingredients as the magic eraser? Using a few leftover dryer sheets can give you the same cleaning power as the more expensive products. All you need to do is wet the dryer sheet and get to scrubbing. The way that dryer sheet material is woven together gives it great abrasive power in your shower making it a far better soap scum remover than many soap scum removing products. To increase your cleaning power, you might want to use a new dryer sheet rather than a used one.
Duct Tape for Warts
Warts are gross, no argument there. But more disturbing than the wart itself are some of the methods and chemicals used to remove them. The thought of having something burned off your body with liquid nitrogen is just unpleasant. It seems that duct tape really can be used for anything, because among its myriad of uses, it is actually a very effective wart remover as well. You can cover a wart with a small piece of duct tape for a week. This can block oxygen to the wart enough to stunt the growth. After one week, remove the tape; clean the area by scrubbing it well with a pumice stone. Recover the wart and repeat once a week until the wart naturally falls off.
Lemons for Morning Sickness
Pregnancy is a joyful time, when you are not puking that is. Majority of women will suffer from morning sickness to some degree. However, many women find their morning sickness so severe that it interferes with their day to day life. When every activity is being interrupted with trips to the bathroom, pregnant women need relief. Most women are nervous to take anti-nausea medications during pregnancy, though. There is reason to be nervous too. Many over the counter anti-nausea medications such as Dramamine have very strong sedative effects that are not good for the fetus. For ladies hoping to take a more natural path aromatherapy can come to their rescue. The fresh, citrus scent of lemons can almost Immediately relieve nausea associated with morning sickness. Keep a zip lock bag full of fresh lemon slices for instant relief.
Aspirin for Acne
A common aspirin contains a substance called acetylsalicylic acid. This substance is very similar to salicylic acid which is the active ingredient in many acne treatments. A crushed aspirin can eliminate the red swollen appearance of pimples in about an hour. Simply crush an aspirin and then mix with enough water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the affected area and allow it to dry. When the paste become powdery again, rinse the area with water.
Onions for Earaches
Earaches are the bane of childhood, but also one of the most mysterious. You can never really know what is going on in that deep, dark tunnel of the ear canal. Most earaches are caused by fluid that has been trapped and thus caused infection. The antiseptic properties of onions can disinfect the ear canal, bringing quick pain relief. Boil an onion until it is soft. Once is has cooled enough to touch, squeeze the juice into a bowl. Using a medicine dropper, apply 2-5 drops of the warm juice into the affected ear.
Toothpaste for Bug Bites
A small dab of toothpaste can instantly relieve the sting and itch of an insect bite. Most likely it is the peppermint oil in the toothpaste that brings about the cooling affect. Peppermint essential oil can have the same, if not greater, effect. Peppermint oil has been used for hundreds of years to treat ailments. If you don’t have peppermint oil on hand, then give the toothpaste a try.
Teabags for Burns
Kitchen burns are one the most common home injuries. Even a small burn can be very painful. Luckily the kitchen is also the place to find soothing relief for that burn. You can apply a wet cool teabag to the burned area for quick pain reduction.
Chocolate for a Cough
Finally, there is a justifiable reason to eat chocolate! You have heard the old saying, “A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.” Well two ounces of dark chocolate may contain as much Theobromine as most over the counter cough medicines. Theobromine suppresses nerves responsible for the cough reflex. When this nerve is calmed by dark chocolate you can get a break from your hacking cough.
Yogurt for Yeast Infections
Yeast infections are a result of an imbalance in your pH levels. These levels can be thrown off by several reasons including medications, sickness and personal hygiene products. When you eat yogurt, the naturally occurring good bacteria found in yogurt can bring these pH levels back into balance and clear up a yeast infection naturally.
Start a healthy life here: http://GReal.EatLessFeelFull.com and Join our support group for motivation, friends & recipes: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkinnyUs/
Want to be a distributor and work from home? Watch this short movie: http://GReal.SBCMovie.com
|Date: Feb 11, 2014, 4:00 AM|
Number of Comments on Photo:0